even if the contents it is the text part of a page. Currently, content plays a key role in ranking organic pages, having become a…of the text is important to capture the attention of the readers, there is another fundamental factor to create interaction with the public: the image . In fact, text and image go hand in hand on your website. Both have to be good, surprising and exciting. If one of them fails, your site and blog blog is a page of a person or company that aims to help users find precious information about a certain…will naturally be harmed.
Today, we are going to tell you about the importance of the image for the organic positioning of your page. Yes, because a good image is capable of improving your website’s SEO.
The importance of image
Did you know that search engines can read images on your website? So it is. Google (and all other search engines) can figure out what the image you put on your blog is about – whether the context, format and usefulness of it to support the textual elements of the article.
For this reason, do not be careless when choosing visual content. This could be a fatal error.
Here are some essential tips for a successful blog:
1. Consistent images
In addition to catching the reader’s attention, the images you share throughout your post must conform to the content. What would your reaction be if you were reading an article on “how to create a digital marketing strategy” and the illustrative images were of boats on the high seas? You would feel confused, right? The point is really this: all the images you use on your page must be strictly linked with the text, in order to serve as a logical support for the information you are passing on.
2. ALT attribute
Ever heard of the ALT Attribute? This field, also called Alternate Text, is extremely important for your website’s SEO. In addition to being a great support for readers, they are also a favorite “bait” for search engines. In essence, the ALT Attribute works as accessible visual information , that is, it is the text that is in the “BackOffice” of your image and becomes essential for translating it in specific cases, such as:
– When the internet is slow and the images are not loaded;
– When a reader is using a text-only browser;
– When a reader has a visual impairment – uses the speech synthesizer to hear what is in that image;
– When the search the name implies, they are tools created with the aim of helping users to carry out searches to solve their problems…cannot accurately capture the meaning of the image.
– Therefore, never forget to fill in the ALT Attribute field when uploading an image to your website.
3. Image SEO
This is one of the most important points to use images on your website and blog. Although it is a topic that many people ignore, the truth is that image optimization is essential to improve organic positioning. We leave you essential details:
– File name – give your file a concrete name. It is absolutely “forbidden” to upload a file named IMG1341. Change it to your image keywords, for example, “productivity-tips”.
– Hyphens – We took the point above to highlight the importance of separating the words in your image by hyphens.
– URL – also change the URL of your image to the keyword it is a word or expression that summarizes the themes of a website to serve as a reference for search engines and for them to know what our website is about.of the file.
– Compress Images – Don’t overload your site with heavy images. Use software to compress images (like TinyPNG) in order to reduce their size and then increase page speed.
The best images for blogs
Both readers and search engines, before reading the text of your article, will observe how it looks to decide whether they will stay or leave the site.
That’s why you have to pay attention to the type of images you use. Check the list below and get to work.
1. Be unique
Do not use banal images that so many other companies use. Be innovative and opt for out-of-the-box images. There are numerous free image banks: Unsplash, Pixabay, Pexels, and many others. These free photos are perfect to accompany your blog, but also to use on social media or on your website. However, use them with care, as it is a solution that is increasingly sought after by companies… and the intention is to be different, right?
2. Colors that catch the eye
Color is an element that attracts people’s attention, creating immediate associations in their minds. A colored page (but without exaggeration, with the right balance of tones) is more pleasant than one that suffers from this absence. Study the best tones for the page and standardize your identity .
3. Professional visuals
Opt for good quality images , preferably with your own design. Nowadays, Flat Design is very fashionable and has revolutionized the concept of Web Design. Use it to your advantage and win over the visitor in the first second!
4. CTA’s in the image
Images act as “baits” to capture the reader’s attention. For that reason, take advantage of them to present text . Write the call to action on the image (CTAThey are baits placed on websites with the aim of turning the visitor into a Lead. It can be an image or text with a link, a video or a button that leads…: call to action ) you want and guide your visitor. Whether it’s “continue reading”, “download the e-book”, “see related articles”, in short, anything that suits your article.
Although the image is not the most important element in a blog, it is certainly at the top of priorities. Now that you know the importance and how to choose the best images for your blog, get ready to see the number of visitors grow!